XK70 JAGUAR FESTIVAL
9th and 10th June 2018
Seventy years after the first Jaguar XK 120 rolled off the production line and into motoring history, the XK70 Jaguar Festival will pay tribute to this iconic car.
Organised by the International XK Club, the weekend will celebrate the XK engine in all its forms, from the classic 1950s sports cars beloved of Hollywood stars to the genuinely quick racing cars that won Le Mans no fewer than five times. For the next 40 years, almost every Jaguar was powered by the XK engine, proving its mechanical worth hundreds of times over. The XK70 Jaguar Festival aims to gather a record-breaking 700 XKs at Shelsley Walsh, in a spectacular tribute to a vital element of British motoring history.
Events include a competitive speed hillclimb, demonstration runs, talks, discussions, music, dancing and more. Participants will have the chance to take their XK up the historic course, before carousing into the night at the 1948 Party on the Saturday. Swing your partner to the music of the Ashby Big Band and tuck into fine food and wine.
Guests may embrace the chance to dress up in period clothes in tribute to one of the most beautiful collection of cars ever created.
It will be a party worthy of the Jaguar XK.
- Competitive hillclimbs featuring the engine that won Le Mans five times
- Demonstration runs by professional drivers
- The chance to drive your own car up the oldest hillclimb in still in use
- Forums and discussions with notable figures from the Jaguar world
- Distinguished guests, including Peter Sargent and Dr Samir Klat
- A glittering array of hundreds of historic Jaguars
- Dancing displays and theatrical performances
- Vintage fashion show
- Delicious food, afternoon tea and Pimm’s
- 1948 Party, with the Ashby Big Band, fine food and dancing
- VIP tickets available
BOOK YOUR TICKETS
Book online via www.xk70.co.uk
Or telephone +44 (0) 1584 781588
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org